Garage doors maintenance
Garage doors maintenance purpose:
Learning how to maintain a residential garage doors are key to keeping it operating efficiently. A malfunction can prevent you from taking your car out of the garage when you want to. Regular maintenance twice a year can make such mishaps less likely. This guide reviews the basics of garage doors maintenance, including inspection, lubrication and simple replacement projects.
Garage doors maintenance step (part two):
Clean the Garage Door Surface
Keep the garage door clean and in good repair.
- Wooden garage doors should be wiped down with a clean, dry cloth.
- Inspect the surface of the door to see if it needs repainting or staining or if it shows any signs of insect damage.
- Patch any small holes with wood filler, lightly sand and then paint or stain as required.
- Wash vinyl or other synthetic garage doors with a soft cloth and appropriate cleaner.
- Thoroughly rinse the door with a hose, then dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Brush down any cobwebs on the inside of the garage doors and wipe with a soft dry cloth. Go over any needed areas with a lightly dampened cloth.
Replace the Battery and Bulbs
Unplug the garage door opener, then try to open the door with the wall button. If it does not open, you need to replace the backup battery.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the cover on the garage door opener and then replace the spent battery with a new one.
- Replace the batteries in the door remotes.
- Replace the garage door opener light bulbs with the size and wattage recommended in the manual.
Fixing a Stuck Wheel
You may need to fix wheels that get stuck or bind in the garage door tracks.
- Reduce the friction between the door and the track by adjusting the track brackets.
- Loosen the nuts that hold the brackets to the door frame, and then make sure there’s about a quarter inch to a half inch of play between the door and the tracks.
Reduce Friction Between Door and Stop
Adjusting the track brackets can reduce friction between the door and the door stop. To adjust the track brackets, loosen the nuts that hold the track to the brackets, then move the track until the door doesn’t bind.
Adjust the Door Opening and Closing Speed
If the overhead garage door opens too quickly or slowly, adjust the tension of the torsion springs.
- Block the door open with a pair of locking pliers.
- Change the position of the S-hook on the track brace.
- Check the door speed and adjust the door springs until you get the desired result.
Regular garage door maintenance can extend the performance of your garage door. It ensures it runs as smoothly as possible. Some maintenance services should only be performed by trained garage door technicians, so be sure to check your garage door owner’s manual before attempting any. Consider garage door service for repairs and tasks that demand specialized skill.
For more details, please view our product center.
And freely contact us to get your optimal solution!
2 thoughts on “Garage door regular maintenance”
Very good article. I definitely appreciate this website. Continue the good work!